Thursday, June 4, 2009

God is Good!

Today My Mom and I went to Little Rock for her annual breast cancer checkup and everything checked out great!I always get nervous around this time and she does too. My Mom was diagnosed with breast cancer 19 years ago and went through chemotherapy, radiation and a bone marrow transplant. She did not have to do the bone marrow transplant because back then it was only an experimental trial but she was told it would help others to have a new way to fight cancer so she signed up for it and it was successful!She was in the first group of patients at UAMS to receive one! I thank God everyday that my Mom is here and healthy! She is an inspiration to me and I love her so much!We prayed today to celebrate 20 years being cancer free next June!

2 comments:

Carey said...

God is good! I'm so glad your mom had a good check-up. That's amazing that she was one of the first to have a transplant!

Jessica said...

Sara! That is wonderful news. Glad you are all doing great. Your baby girl is precious. Hope to be able to see you sometime this summer and catch up. It has been a while.